How to get Turkish citizenship
To do this, a foreign investor must fulfill one of the following conditions:
- Register a business and officially employ 50 Turkish citizens
- Place a deposit in one of the Turkish banks in the amount of $500,000
- Buy more than $500,000 worth of government stocks or bonds
- Purchase real estate in Turkey with a cadastral value of over $400,000
Many foreigners wish to obtain Turkish citizenship. And this can be done for just a contribution to the development of the republic under the Turkey Citizenship by Investment (TCBI) program.
Turkish citizenship for the purchase of real estate
According to the legislation of the Republic of Turkey, any foreigner who buys real estate in the territory of Turkey worth more than $ 400,000 can apply for citizenship.
You can buy one or more objects: it can be an apartment or a private house, a shop or an office, a land plot for construction or agricultural work.
Together with the owner of property, a spouse and children under 18 years old can apply for citizenship.
To participate in the investment program when buying property in Turkey, a foreigner must fulfill a number of requirements:
- The minimum cadastral value must be above $400,000
- The main applicant must be of legal age (more then 18 years old)
- The previous owner of the property for at least 3 years must be a Turkish citizen or Turkish company.
- Within 3 years, the property cannot be sold, but it can be rented out.
4 steps to obtain Turkish citizenship by buying property:
- Choosing and purchasing of real estate
- Obtaining a certificate of conformity
- Registration of a short-term residence permit
- Applying for citizenship
List of documents for obtaining citizenship in Turkey:
- Passport - copy and original
- Turkish tax number
- Title deed (TAPU)
- Valid health insurance
- Original criminal record certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Birth certificate of all applicants
- Family certificate of the applicant's family, which must include all family members applying for citizenship together with him (husband or wife and children under 18 years of age), with apostille, translated to Turkish, notarized.
- Biometric photo
Managers of Nordic Property Construction are ready to advise you on obtaining Turkish citizenship and select an object for participation in the Turkey citizenship by investment program.